A tad of a preview of some upcoming posts. After Thanksgiving, we headed out to this region of south Texas that includes Corpus Christi and North & South Padre. Basically, it’s all coastal area, and basically, it made for some phenomenal photographs. (:
1) The majority of the beaches we visited were less so tourist and more so state park. Lots of plants growing along the shore, which was an interesting contrast to the mostly pristine, all-sand beaches I’ve visited in the past.
2) I’m not exactly an ornithologist, but I believe this is a heron, and I’ve always been drawn to them. Quite majestic in the correct circumstances.
3) There was an urbex opportunity!! (: An abandoned race track named “Grand Prix”.
4) The Texas State aquarium has a rather rad little area modeled after a mangrove swamp, and these little birds were being delightfully photogenic.
5) Sunrise photograph paired with the ruins of a previous day’s sandcastle.
6) LONG EXPOSURES AT AQUARIUMS SWEET BUDDHA :D
7) Even though there were only two, I feel as though there were so many sunsets. I took more sunset-hour photographs on this trip than any time prior, and when combined with a more diffused autumn sun, the lighting was spectacular.
8) (The speed limit’s 15 mph, for the curious)
9) I’ve always dreamt of capturing a shorebird taking off before the waves.
10) I may have perhaps broke trespassing law in the quest to capture the perfect gate photograph.